10451 N Big Creek Rd
If you're both an animal lover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We're looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience their very best lives together. When you join us, you'll be part of a great team, working together to achieve sales goals while doing work you truly love.
To ensure that proper aquatic care and husbandry is being provided to our aquatic life in the store. Act as the primary resource in their assigned store regarding all aquatic life education and care. The position will also be responsible for the achievement of the store's budgeted sales goals by driving sales in the aquatic life areas. This will be accomplished by effectively assisting customers in the proper selection of aquatic life and merchandise in accordance with their specific needs. This position will receive day to day direction and coaching from the Companion Animal Department Manager. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines. Individual judgment is occasionally required to complete assigned tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Have a strong interest in animal welfare and possess a high level of knowledge of aquatic life care and husbandry.
* Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
* Be comfortable and proficient handling and caring for aquatic life of various types and species
* Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes such as caring for aquatic life, maintaining proper water quality, setting up an maintaining displays and merchandise kits for sale and placing aquatic life orders
* Maintain honesty and integrity in the work area
* Move merchandise up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although customer carryouts and veterinarian visits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from not following procedures. Ability and willingness to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and flexibility in scheduling of work hours including evenings and weekends to meet store needs.
In addition to a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED), an applicant must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics and basic accounting relationships and exhibit exceptional communication skills.
Minimum of one year of experience working with and/or caring for aquatic life, both freshwater and saltwater is required for this position. Qualified applicants will possess a high level of knowledge of aquatic life care and an aptitude for basic sales techniques. In addition to having a professional appearance and demeanor, applicants must also demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in animals and their care. Interpersonal and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the nature of interaction with the public and other associates and management within the store.
All current and newly hired Aquatic Specialists will be required to obtain Certification in one or more animal areas, depending on the store's needs, within the time periods specified by the Company.
Associated topics: merchandise, retail, sales account, sales associate, sales executive, ticket sales, ticket scanner, ticket seller, usher, vending
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...